About This Book
IMPORTANT UPDATE – In late December 2020, changes to the Selective High School Placement Test were announced. The changes to the 2021 tests involve updates to the mathematics and reading tests, while the “General Ability” tests are now called “Thinking Skills”. Our team is currently updating these changes and we expect them to be reflected in our titles in late 2021.
We will continue to make our current Selective School test titles available as many components do still align and general test practice in any format is highly beneficial.
The aim of Excel Test Skills - Selective Schools & Scholarship Tests Skills & Strategies Years 5–6 is to identify, develop and practise the skills useful in test situations, in particular the Selective Schools and Scholarship Tests. Recognition of these skills and strategies, and confidence in applying them, will lead to better test results.
In this book students will find:
- an introduction with advice to parents and students
- an explanation page for each skill with sample questions and strategies
- a page of practice test questions for each different type of skill
- a detailed Written Expression section on how best to compose essays in tests
- answers to all multiple choice questions
- explanations that outline the thinking skills required for each question
- Year 5
- Year 6
- Publication Edition Date:
- 280 mm (h) x 210 mm (w)
- Assessment & Test Books
- SUB BRAND:
- Excel Tests
- John Moir