About This Book
IMPORTANT UPDATE – In late December 2020, changes to the Selective High School Placement Test were announced. The changes to the 2021 tests involve updates to the mathematics and reading tests, while the “General Ability” tests are now called “Thinking Skills”. Our team is currently updating these changes and we expect them to be reflected in our titles in late 2021.
We will continue to make our current Selective School test titles available as many components do still align and general test practice in any format is highly beneficial.
Excel Test Skills - Selective Schools and Scholarship Writing Tests Years 5–6 is a comprehensive study guide for the English part of the selective schools and scholarship tests (usually undertaken in Year 6). The book contains mostly multiple choice questions, based on a wide variety of text types, so students can prepare fully for the exam.
In this book your child will find:
- an introductory section on the types of questions and resource material used
- over sixty tests using cloze passages, spelling and grammar application, and vocabulary and editing exercises
- tips to help you in test situations
- a convenient lift-out answers section with explanations that help you understand the skills required for each type of question
Note: Excel Test Skills - Selective Schools and Scholarship Writing Tests Years 5-6 is the same book as Excel Test Skills - Selective Schools and Scholarship English Tests Years 5-6. Only the title has changed.
- Year 5
- Year 6
- Publication Edition Date:
- 280 mm (h) x 200 mm (w)
- Alan Horsfield
- Assessment & Test Books
- SUB SUBJECT:
- English Writing Essay
- SUB BRAND:
- Excel Tests