About This Book
Excel Comprehension and Written Expression Year 6 is essential for any student wishing to improve their comprehension skills. It allows students to practice skills such as finding facts, making references, isolating relevant information, understanding questions and paragraphs, and using tables of contents, indexes, maps and graphs to find information. The extracts are from a wide variety of genres to allow students to gain confidence in reading different materials.
Rather than give a range of question types based on each passage, the focus in this book will be on developing the student's skills with a particular question type. The book is structured so that if there is a weakness then the student can concentrate on that particular weakness and become competent without working through passages that may not contribute to the student's progress.
In this book your child will find:
- over 60 graded units of stimulating exercises and extracts
- a wide variety of questions including true or false, multiple choice, short answer and sentence completion
- extracts from many different literary and factual text types
- a lift-out answer section
Author: Alan Horsfield
- Year 6
- Publication Edition Date:
- 280 mm (h) x 210 mm (w)
- Alan Horsfield
- SUB BRAND:
- Excel Basic Skills